The hamster is a rodent that combines the features of a mouse and a rabbit, but its shape is quite different from the shape of a mouse, and its most important feature is the lack of a tail and short ears and abundant hair.
Hamsters are animals that many people want to own and raise at home, especially since the cost of buying and caring for them is not high compared to other pets.
Here are some tips on buying hamsters that you should know to raise this charming little animal.
Hamsters in their diet need many nutrients from protein, vitamins and minerals.
There are a number of important considerations that need to be taken into account during the feeding process, namely:
- The average meal that hamsters eat is about 15 grams of dry food.
- It is also necessary to provide adequate amounts of protein in the hamster’s food, avoiding increasing it too much, which will bring negative effects and kidney problems.
- You have to diversify your hamster’s food so that it has all the nutrients it needs.
- You should always provide him with fresh food, so don’t give him food from the day before.
- Make sure to always provide clean water to avoid other health problems.
Tips before buying a hamster
There are a number of important principles to consider before purchasing a hamster:
1. Please consider your own age, so that you do not buy very young or very old hamsters, but you must choose the appropriate age during the purchase process, so that the age is not less than three weeks, because young ages may be subject to itself. -Death because they cannot feed.
2- the right time during the purchase, is to buy it after sunset, as a nocturnal animal that sleeps all day, and begins its activity in the night hours, and therefore you can be sure of its state of health, and you know whether he is suffering from some diseases or not.
3 – During the purchase process, it is preferable to bring a small cage to place it, taking into account not to leave it for a long time in it because it will cause suffocation, especially if the cage is small in size and poorly ventilated.
4- You should choose a healthy hamster, and stay away from buying sick or injured species even at half price, because this leads to the transmission of the infection to all the people around you and brings many negative and bad effects from that.
5. Make sure the hamster’s eyes are bright and shiny, and the fur is clean, dry and not at all wet, because these signs are clear evidence of good health.
6- The hamster’s nose must be free of any impurities, and its body must be completely covered with hair, so it must be examined thoroughly to ensure that there are no areas without hair.
7 – There is a set of tools that must be purchased with the hamster, including the cage, which is available in many types, which are made of wire and plastic, and each of these types of their own advantages and disadvantages, which is left the owner decides.
8 – Sawdust, which is placed at the bottom of the box, where it works to absorb bad odors, and there are other tools that the purchase process requires, including the wheel and some toys, as well as the food, which is delivered to it daily.